The Most Vital Patio Pool Tiles
2022.06.24 / By hqt
The space around a pool needs flooring with some definite characteristics. It is not an abode for placing polished tiles, wooden floors, or the more inexpensive laminate flooring. Disclosure to outdoor components can deform, discolor, and even make the surface of certain flooring products greasy and dangerous for further usage. We offer a wide series of anti-slip tiles especially premeditated for your outside terrace, the space around a pool, or even its inner.
They are super-resistant, non-slippery, and unchangeable, which will make your exterior flooring look brand new long after installation. Gaudi tiles also have an assembly of tiles with a textured finish, which is uneven and includes some trivial bends and gouges. The collection bids our customers a combination of style and functionality, as they are low-maintenance and high-performance. Since these collections are destined to be used in outdoor vicinity and are consequently wide-open to fluctuations in temperature and UV lights, they have been calculated to be more resilient than another flooring produces.
Best Tile for Pool Patio:
Summer means we can finally make use of our patios! From grilling to pool chilling, there is always a never-ending list of fun things to do on everyone’s list when the temperatures are warm and soothing. With that in mind, it appears perfect to talk about all things outdoor tile. From the patio to the pool, we go over exactly what to keep in mind when incorporating tile into your backyard design plans and provide a mini information assembly.
What to Keep in Mind Before Buying Pool Patio Tile?
Below are the top three things that should be deliberated when anyone is planning out the addition of tile into their backyard for your patio, deck, or pool area.
- Ability to withstand environmental fluctuations: You must keep the weather of where you are living in your mind. It is vital that the tile you pick will either be able to repel frostiness (if you have harsh winters in your area) or endure heat (if your town is warm round the year).
- Anti-slip Resistance: This may seem like a no-brainer, but it must be said. When collecting outdoor tile ideas, your top priority second to weather bearing is slip resistance. Obviously, no one would want a slippery surface that can be held responsible for scary slippery falls.
- Easy to Clean: No one likes having slicks, but the open air is where they are most likely to occur. Supping your favorite cocktail on the poolside or eating chips with salsa on your patio are two top perks of a striking outside space; nevertheless, the last thing you want is any type of stain. Since tiles need to be cleaned frequently, opt for options that are easy to maintain like porcelain.
How to Select Outdoor Tile for Patio?
When it comes to choosing patio pool tile or deck tile there are two major types to keep in mind:
- Surface Texture: All of us know that when we go to a restaurant and the table considerably moves from left to right, it obviously is a pain when things are not flat. The same thing goes with picking a patio or deck tile surface. The last thing you need is a topsy-turvy state of affairs. Make sure that the tile you choose will keep things smooth.
- Consider Foot Traffic: The sturdier the tile is, the better it is. One thing to look at when you are selecting a patio tile is the PEI rating, which works on a scale of one to five. This judges the density and hardness, which are two things that make for a great outdoor patio tile.
Here’s how the PEI rating system works:
Level 1: No Foot Traffic – Ideal for wall tiling only.
Level 2: Light Traffic – Residential Bathrooms.
Level 3: Light to Moderate Traffic – Countertops, walls, floors, all residential uses.
Level 4: Moderate to Heavy Traffic – All residential applications as well as medium commercial use.
Level 5: Heavy to Extra Heavy Traffic – Used only for flooring and rarely an interior residential choice.
And you will want to choose level 4 or 5 when it comes to outdoor tile.
Types of Pool Patio Tiles:
Let us have a brief look that which outdoor tile would be best for your space and how to gauge it:
Ceramic tile may not be as strong as other tiles we have discussed, but it is PEI adequate. It is best used on light-use patios.
- Porcelain Tiles:
Porcelain tiles can be a bit pricier when equated to ceramic tiles, but the options are similar. The best choice for outdoor use is matte, textured tiles that leave you without a glossy surface.
Limestone is formed mostly of calcium carbonate or the remains of marine fossils. It comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and finishes. Flamed, brushed, or sandblasted limestone works best for outdoor use.
- Decking Tiles:
Decking tiles are great if you are wanting to try a look without pledging to it forever. They are great for a budget and are easy to self-install. They never need to be filled and can be removed once they are done serving their purpose.
Reasons to Buy Gaudi’s Pool Patio Tiles:
Here are the causes why our Pool Patio tiles are the top maintenance-free countryside option for your pool patio:
- These tiles necessitate little to no upkeep and are very economical to buy.
- These patio tiles are malleable, durable, and will last for generations to come.
- It will add attractiveness to your pool patio.
- These tiles demand low-maintenance and are cost-effective at the same time.
Gaudi tiles offer you an extensive collection of tiles for private, hotel, and spa pools.
Owing to the technical properties and design details, our specialized and top-class pool tiles are becoming more and more prevalent with architects, designers, and consumers, as a valid alternative to many other mundane tiles available in the market. Our tiles offer numerous benefits and also allow and support a high degree of customization of pools, their edges, and the adjacent poo area like the pool patio.