Installing Glass Mosaic Tile for Home: DIY Guide 2022
2022.05.24 / By hqt
How to install mosaic tiles correctly?
Construction of mosaic tiles is one of the very important steps to ensure the project is beautiful, durable and long-lasting. Right here, Gauditile shares with you installing glass mosaic tile for home. Let's find out the details and understand the process properly!
The importance of properly installing mosaic tiles
Mosaic tiles are beautiful and highly applicable decorative tiling materials used in both interior and exterior of houses and other architectural works. With the characteristics of lightness, durability, beauty, high aesthetics, and ease of construction, the demand for mosaic tiles and mosaic tiles is increasing day by day.
The construction of mosaic tiles must follow the standard process to ensure the durability of the work and beautiful aesthetics. If the mosaic tiles are installed in the wrong way, the durability of the project will be reduced.
At the same time, bricks that do not match each other will cause loss of aesthetics. Thus, the construction of mosaic tiles is very important, just making sure to follow the basic construction steps correctly will ensure a successful construction process.
Installing glass mosaic tile for home
Before going into installing glass mosaic tile for home, you need to understand the steps to prepare for the best quality construction.
Prepare the surface, the location to install mosaic tiles:
First you need to prepare a flat, non-convex construction surface. At the same time, the surface has a guaranteed hardness and cleans the surface to ensure high adhesion. When the surface of the floor or wall is still mixed with impurities or rough, you need to smooth it.
Note that before tiling, the surface must not be filled with water and should be allowed to completely dry for about 1 week.
Prepare tools and materials:
The following tools are required to serve the mosaic tile installation process:
- Serrated fly or traditional fly, rubber hammer
- Ruler: to measure the length, take the square, take the balance
- Glue mixing tank, mixer, wet sponge
- Use protective equipment: gloves, masks
- Specialized glues: plastic glue, circuit glue, circuit board. These are specialized glues for the construction of mosaic tiles.
Prepare mosaic tiles installation for home
Mosaic tiles have been prepared according to your needs. Mosaic tiles must be dry, absolutely not wet before proceeding with construction.
► Mixing tile adhesive to prepare for construction:
Mix glue to ensure stickiness and longevity for the whole project. Mix the tile adhesive at the rate given by the manufacturer. You should use a mixer to make sure the glue is not lumpy, too dry or too loose.
* Some notes when mixing mosaic tile adhesive:
- Do not add water after mixing glue in installing glass mosaic tile for home.
- When the mixing is complete, it should be left for 3-5 minutes and then proceed to apply the construction glue.
- Mixed glue should only be used within 2-4 hours to ensure adhesion.
Instructions on how to properly execute mosaic tiles - standard
After we have prepared all the necessary steps for the construction of mosaic tiles, we proceed to the sequential construction steps to ensure the most beautiful and stable construction.
Step 1: Apply glue in installing glass mosaic tile for home
Proceed to spread the glue mixture on the surface to be tiling. Using a traditional trowel, spread a moderate layer of scissors about 4-6 mm, spread evenly and not thin, not thick. Then use a serrated trowel to form grooves parallel to the surface.
Step 2: Paste the mosaic tiles
- Measure and position the size so that the glue layer in contact with the mosaic tile fits snugly.
- Stick the tile on the pre-applied glue layer; use a rubber hammer to tap the tile evenly to increase adhesion.
- Check the size of the flatness, the evenness of the tiling circuits.
* Note: Complete this step without letting water in. In the case of tiling on the wall, the tiles should be glued from bottom to top and have struts to prevent the tiles from slipping.
Step 3: Finish the circuit and clean the tile surface before installing glass mosaic tile for home
After about 24 days of mosaic tile installation, you proceed to clean it with a soft brush and brush.
- Mix the sealant with water and then insert it into the mixture
- Leave for about half an hour and then wipe clean with a sponge or soft cloth
- After about 1 hour wipe again to prevent the circuit from jagged and foam.
Some notes when installing mosaic tiles
To properly install mosaic tiles, you need to pay attention to the following issues:
Construction of wall mosaic tiles
- Do not apply when the surface is not flat and concave. This will affect the aesthetics of the building. The worst consequence is that mosaic tiles do not stick and are prone to convexity and falling off.
- The distance between the bricks must be even, the grout lines must also be even, which will ensure more aesthetics.
- Do not rub the grout until the glue is completely dry. If you rub the grout while the glue is still damp, the water will be trapped. By the time this water evaporates, residues or salts that do not dissolve in the water will cause stains.
After the installing glass mosaic tile for home, you should use a soft cloth to clean the surface to be shinier.
With our above notes, you should refer to them for good preparation as well as to limit damage problems to avoid wasting money and time.
Advice from professionals on mosaic tile construction
In the process of installing mosaic tiles, you need to follow the right process and consult some tips from professional workers:
Construction of wall mosaic tiles
When installing mosaic tiles, you should ensure that the environment is always dry to bring the highest efficiency. With mosaic tile construction works, you need to ensure dry weather, avoid construction on rainy days or weather with high humidity.
The construction operation time is 45 minutes for glues. So you should not mix the glue too much, mix it just right, just enough to use.
Absolutely do not let water run into the tiling surface after gluing the tiles. Water affects the adhesion of the glue.
Mosaic tile supplier and professional mosaic tile construction consultant
The construction of mosaic tiles includes many stages as well as needs experience. So if you are inexperienced and are in need of mosaic tiles, please contact Gauditile immediately. We are manufacturer of quality mosaic tiles, diverse designs, and best prices on the market.